Below is a list of facts that will blow your mind!
Did you know?
- The average human being blinks 20 times a minute – but only 7 times a minute when using a computer.
- Email was invented before the web, which means that it has been around longer.
- The home of Bill Gates was designed with the use of a Macintosh Computer.
- Doug Engelhard invented the very first computer mouse which was made out of wood. He created it in 1964.
Apple, Microsoft, HP, and Google are all IT applications that started development in a garage.
- A virus can not appear on your computer all by itself. You have to get it by sharing infected files or diskettes, or by downloading infected files from the Internet.
- 1 Out of 5 internet pages are porn related.
- The engineers who developed the IBM PC were known as “The Dirty Dozen”
- It took the radio 38 years, and the television a short 13 years, but it took the World Wide Web only 4 years to reach 50 million users.
- In the 1980s, an IBM computer wasn’t considered 100% compatible unless it could run Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- The arrangement of characters on a QWERTY keyboard was designed in 1868 by Christopher Sholes, the inventor of the typewriter. According to popular myth, Sholes arranged the keys in their odd fashion to prevent jamming on mechanical typewriters by separating commonly used letter combinations. However, there is no evidence to support this assertion, except that the arrangement does, in fact, inhibit fast typing.
- With the emergence of ball-head electric typewriters and computer keyboards, on which jamming is not an issue, new keyboards designed for speed typing has been invented. The best-known is called a Dvorak keyboard and is supposed to be more efficient and 20 times faster than a normal keyboard. Despite their more rational designs, these new keyboards have not received wide acceptance.
- The AZERTY Keyboard is the French version of the standard QWERTY keyboard.
- When someone picked up a memory stick infected by a foreign intelligence agency, this is known as the worst breach of U.S. military computers in history. It was found in the parking lot. When it was plugged into their computer, it made a connection with United States Central Command. – Source
- Over 6,000 new computer viruses are released every month.
- The first domain name ever registered was Symbolics.com.
- Another name for a Microsoft Windows tutorial is ‘Crash Course’!
- The first electro-mechanical computer was developed in 1939.
- Country with the highest percentage of net users is Sweden (75%). The first popular web browser was called Mosaic and was released in 1993.
- If you are able to find a way to hack into Face book then they will pay you up to $500.
- The worst MS-DOS virus ever, Michelangelo (1991) attacked the boot sector of your hard drive and any floppy drive inserted into the computer, which caused the virus to spread rapidly.
- The social Media website MySpace has about 110 million registered users. If the social media site had been considered a country it would be the 10th largest; right after Mexico.
- The original Macintosh case which was created during the year of 1982 contains 47 signatures of the division of Apple’s Macintosh members.
- 80% of all pictures on the internet are of naked women
- On a regular work day for a typist, their fingers travel at an average rate of about 12.6 miles per day.
- The state of Alaska is the only state whose letters can be typed in a straight row of keyboard letters.
- There are more than one million domain names that are registered online per month.
- Computer programming is an occupation that is growing faster than any other.
- The first online advertisement banner was created and used in the year of 1994.
- One of every 8 married couples in the US last year met online.
- There are about 1 billion instant messenger accounts that are active around the world today.
- The average 21 year old has spent 5,000 hours playing video games, has exchanged 250,000 e-mails, instant and text messages and has spent 10,000 hours on the mobile phone.
- The world’s first computer, called the Z1, was invented by Konrad Zuse in 1936. His next invention, the Z2 was finished in 1939 and was the first fully functioning electro-mechanical computer.
- In the late 1978, Apple Corps which was owned by The Beatles sued Apple Computer Macintosh for trademark infringement of their brand. The case finally got settled for $80,000 and the condition with it was that Apple Computer should not enter the music business, and Apple Corps will not enter the computer related business.
- A program named “Rother J” was the first computer virus to come into sight “in the wild” — that is, outside the single computer or lab where it was created.
Powered by MalvaStyle